Facilities Scheduling Specialist I
Elgin Community College (ECC) is a comprehensive, fully accredited community college located in Elgin, Illinois, one of its most rapidly growing cities. Our district encompasses 360 square miles, serving 400,000 people, 11,000 businesses with four public school districts and 15 high schools. ECC was selected as one of five Illinois community colleges to participate in the national Achieving the Dream (AtD) initiative. is a long-term national initiative that collaborates with community colleges to help more students earn degrees, complete certificates, or transfer to four-year institutions to continue their studies. The park-like setting of our 145 acre Main Campus offers instruction spanning nine major buildings with beautiful views. ECC also offers classes throughout the northwest suburbs of Chicago with more than 100 off-campus locations.
To schedule internal events and coordinate services for events held on campus.
1. Coordinate services for events (e.g. facilities, catering, signage, displays or equipment).
2. Inspect event facilities to ensure they conform to event requirements.
3. Consult with customers to determine objectives and requirements for events. This may involve meetings to plan scope and format of events and discuss budget for event.
4. Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with college procedures and resolution of any problems that arise.
5. Provide customer service to event participants.
6. Use departmental software to prepare customer invoice, input details of charges related to the event.
1. Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.Requirements:
1. Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and Outlook) and use of the Internet.
3. Type a minimum of 40 words per minute.
1. Previous experience using databases, including enterprise-wide databases (e.g. Datatel).
For a detailed job posting and to apply, please visit our web site at:
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment, Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.