University of Nevada, Reno
Department Web Address: http://www.tmcc.edu/
Full Time Equivalent: 100%
Position Type: Classified
Tenure Track: No Response
Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC) is accepting applications for the Executive Assistant to The Dean Liberal Arts.
This position is responsible for providing executive support to the Dean. Under minimal supervision and with the use of frequent independent, sound, and professional judgement, the successful candidate would be responsible for coordinating and managing the Dean's calendar; assisting in budget development and management; attending meeting as directed, preparing agendas, minutes and supplemental documents; maintaining the Dean's confidential files; acting as liaison among the Dean and faculty, administrators, internal and external entities; use effective, independent judgment to triage problems, questions and issues directed to the Dean and resolving those within established parameters; assisting the Dean with special projects as needed.
The duties of this position include:
- Research, prepare reports, provide clerical support of department initiatives, including grants
- Coordinate and manage assigned projects with other administrative assistants
- Provide excellent and respectful student, staff, faculty, and public service
- Organize and prepare budget accounts, including budget transfers and reconciling accounts
- Organize travel arrangement for Dean
- Oversee and ensure smooth and efficient daily operation of the Dean's office acting as Office Manager and ensuring office coverage in other departmental offices
- Oversee keys requests, files, inventory, space logistics, equipment
- Supervise classified staff and student worker employees with tact and professionalism
- Develop procedures for office processes and monitor flow of work to optimize efficiency
- Coordinate work processes with other fiscal and administrative staff
- Utilize knowledge of office policies and procedures within a higher education environment
- Exercise excellent interpersonal and writing skills
- Demonstrate the ability work independently and make independent judgments regarding to divisional and personnel
- Demonstrate excellent computer skills, including high levels of competency working with the Microsoft Office Suite, Google Applications, and the ability to use or learn other computer programs specific to the College or NSHE System
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality and integrity
The typical work schedule is Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; this is subject to change based on organizational needs.
Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
Truckee Meadows Community College is a comprehensive community college located in Reno, Nevada and is part of the Nevada System of Higher Education. With five college sites and 20 plus community locations, each semester TMCC serves more than 11,000 students in state supported programs and many other students in non-credit programs. TMCC is a progressive institution that celebrates inclusion and diversity while supporting our core themes of academic excellence, student success, and access to lifelong learning. A new Health Science Center was recently opened and the Applied Technology Center has been completely renovated. TMCC is located in a beautiful environment rich with outdoor activities within the Great Basin of the Sierra Nevada Mountains. It is only a 40 minute drive to Lake Tahoe and within easy driving distance of four national parks (Great Basin, Yosemite, Lassen, and Death Valley). For more information, please go to http://www.tmcc.edu
For more information on Reno/Tahoe, please visit:
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply immediately. Lists of eligible candidates will be established and hiring may occur early in the recruiting process. Recruitment will close without notice when a sufficient number of applications are received or a hiring decision has been made.
Graduation from high school or equivalent education and five years of progressively responsible administrative support experience which included overseeing administrative office activities, maintaining complex records, and coordinating administrative communication including written and oral information to various managers and work groups; OR one year of experience as an Administrative Assistant IV in Nevada State service which included administrative support duties as described above; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and Word in a business setting. - Experience using a database (e.g. Access, PeopleSoft, Procare, Oracle). - Experience with automated accounting software/systems. - Experience working with confidential information. - Supervisory experience. - Previous experience working in a Higher Education setting.
Contact Information for this Position: Applicant Help Desk: 775-784-1495 [email protected]
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please attach the following to your application.1. Resume/CV - List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.2. Cover Letter - Optional3. Three Supervisory References - Please make a note if you do not want your present employer contacted unless necessary to determine your qualifications for the position.4. Transcripts - If you have not graduated, please attach your transcripts to receive education credit for classes you have taken. Credit is given for classes relevant to the position.
Job Open Date: 10/19/2016
Job Close Date: 11/15/2016
Open Until Filled: No
Search Number: 72251
Note to All Applicants: A background check will be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire. HR will attempt to verify academic credentials upon receipt of hiring documents. If the academic credentials cannot be verified, HR will notify the faculty member that an official transcript of their highest degree must be submitted within thirty days of the faculty member’s first day of employment.The University of Nevada, Reno is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its students and employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, creed, national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, and sexual orientation, or genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression. The University of Nevada, Reno employs only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Women, under-represented groups, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks. This job posting is specific to the Nevada System of Higher Education. Information regarding specific campus security, personal safety, fire safety, and crime statistics can be found at http://www.bcn-nshe.org/hr/employment/
To apply, visit: https://www.unrsearch.com/
The University of Nevada, Reno is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action in recruitment of its students and employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, creed, national origin, veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression. The University of Nevada employs only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Women and under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency