Be a Part of Something Great
Location: Brighton, CO
Salary: $3,738.00 /Month
Closing Date: 09/21/13 04:30 PM
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Provide teachers and teacher assistants with adequate levels of observation, feedback and supervision to promote developmentally appropriate teaching practices. Provide training and technical assistance to teaching staff. Provide technical assistance to the Education Program Manager.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Observe teachers and teacher assistants in the classroom.
• Provide assistance to teachers and teacher assistants in planning developmentally appropriate activities.
• Provide individual training and mentoring to teachers and teacher assistants.
• Respond to and resolve inquiries and complaints.
• Monitor teaching staff to see that they meet and exceed performance standards.
• Assist in the implementation of policies and procedures.
• Serve as a liaison between Education Program Manager and teaching staff.
• Establish schedules and methods; implement policies and procedures.
• Attend staff meetings, workshops, formal classes, and in-service training classes to continually advance skills and knowledge.
• Participate in the selection of teaching staff.
• Prepare various reports on operations, activities and performance appraisals.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings and program events as requested.
• Analyze classroom material needs and make recommendations for purchases.
• Arrange substitute coverage for classrooms and ensure child:teacher ratios meet applicable regulations.
• Provide guidance and support to teachers taking on new assignments.
• Recommend to staff resources available for technical assistance and continued learning.
• Assist in developing work plans and policies and procedures.
• Assist in the conducting of workshops and training of staff and parents.
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities as required.
• Experience: Three years of increasingly responsible experience in early childhood education or child development, including at least two years of experience in teaching and curriculum planning. Minimum of two years of supervision experience.
• Education and Training: Bachelor's degree in early childhood education, child development, (or a related field) from an accredited college or university.
• License or Certificate:
Must possess of one of the following:
o Child Development Associate (CDA) credential appropriate to age of children being served
o A State-awarded certificate for preschool teachers that meets or exceeds CDA requirements
o A Baccalaureate/Advanced degree in early childhood education or related field.
• Background check: Ability to pass a criminal (CBI) background check, FBI background check and Central Registry check. A Motor Vehicle record check will be conducted.
If you are interested in joining our energetic, professional team and receiving an excellent benefit package, visit our website and fill out our online application at http://www.adcogov.org. AN ADAMS COUNTY APPLICATION IS REQUIRED. EOE