Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Director of Track & Field
Position Tracking Number: F019
School/College: School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences
Department: Exercise & Sport Science/Athletics
Location: Azusa campus
Description: Director of the men's & women's track & field programs and instructor in the Exercise & Sport Science department, which includes teaching basic physical education, fitness, and health classes
- May be needed to work at alternative teaching sites.
Level: Coaching Faculty
- Establish, articulate, and model a fundamentally sound Christian philosophy for the track & field program
- Model the Azusa Pacific mission, goals, and values
- Develop a candidate pool and hire coaching staff, annually reviewing each staff member
- Recruit quality students who fit within the program, university, conference and NCAA mission and policies
- Organize, control, and manage operational and scholarship budgets for the men's and women's programs
- Oversee the written design of weekly practices for all track & field athletes
- Oversee team travel arrangements, season schedule, and all home meet preparation and scheduling
- Direct equipment and gear purchases for facility, coaches and athletes, and maintain a clean facility
- Cultivate an effective communication plan with current student-athletes
- Create and maintain a strong network of track & field alumni who aid in the development of the program
- Develop and implement a financially successful summer camp program
- Establish an effective fund-raising strategy that inspires both alumni and local constituencies
- Design and implement coach and athlete individual development tools
- Teach undergraduate classes, and graduate classes are possible, commensurate with qualifications
Experience: Successful previous coaching, administration, and teaching
Workload: Full-time, 12-month position.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.