Contra Costa Community College District
Director of Nursing
Posting Number: F00242
Location: Contra Costa College
Salary: $58,452 - $87,960
Description of Position
Contra Costa College is seeking a full-time tenure track Assistant Professor to serve as the Director of the Registered Nursing and Certified Nursing Assistant - Home Health Aide programs. Under the supervision of the Dean of the LAVA Division, the Director of Nursing is responsible for managing the associate degree nursing program and the certified nursing assistant-home health aide programs, including all the matters concerning program development, instruction, curriculum, staff and students.
Lorena Cortez Office of Instruction 2600 Mission Bell Drive San Pablo, CA 94806 (510) 215-3841 [email protected]
Position Status: Tenured Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Full-Time Faculty
Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to contractual duties, all full-time faculty are expected to participate actively in their disciplines, department activities, and the general intellectual life and governance of the college. Part of the teaching assignment may be in the evening and/or online. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. advancing equitable student learning through dedicated, exemplary instruction in accordance with established course outlines;
2. participating in the assessment of student learning outcomes for courses and programs; developing and implementing student learning outcomes assessment processes for courses and programs;
3. collaborating in the development and revision of curriculum and in program review;
4. engaging in department program improvement initiatives;
5. participating in department, division, and college committees;
6. participating in professional development activities, both departmental and college-wide;
7. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter area and effective teaching/ learning strategies;
8. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
9. informing students of course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements;
10. preparing and grading class assignments and examinations and informing students of their academic progress;
11. maintaining attendance, scholastic, and personnel records and submitting them according to published deadlines;
12. posting and holding sufficient and regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy;
13. participating in College’s shared governance processes.
1) Director shall hold a clear and active license issued by the board and shall possess the following qualifications:
(1) A master’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing, education or administration.
2) One year’s experience as an administrator with validated performance of administrative responsibilities consistent with the Board of Registered Nursing definition consistent with section 1420 (h). (An administrative position is defined as a director or assistant director whose responsibility and accountability includes coordinating, directing, fiscal planning, and all activities involved in developing, implementing and managing the nursing program. A) In a registered nursing education program, which includes diploma, associate, baccalaureate and post- licensure RN programs; B) As a director of nursing and/or hospital in-service education program.)
3) Two years teaching experience as instructor (full-time teaching experience preferred). Teaching experience required in pre-or post -licensure registered nursing programs (such as associate, baccalaureate, master’s or doctoral degree nursing programs.)
4) One year of continuous full-time experience, or equivalent, as a registered nurse providing direct patient care. (Patient care or clinical teaching experience must demonstrate clinical competency [“Clinical Competency” as defined by the Board of Registered Nursing in Section 1420 as follow: “Nursing program faculty member possesses and exercises the degree of learning, skill, care and experience ordinarily possessed and exercised by a staff level registered nurse on the clinical unit to which the instructor is assigned”].
5) Equivalent experience and/or education, as determined by the board.
1. Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with faculty, staff, and students.
2. Experience in curriculum development and evaluation.
3. Knowledge of the regulations governing nursing programs.
4. Demonstrated ability to advocate for and promote associate degree nursing programs and nursing education.
5. Demonstrated sensitivity and ability to work with individuals from diverse ethnic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds, and a commitment to support policies that respect and consider the diversity of the student population.
Job Open Date: 08/15/2016
Job Close Date: 10/17/2016
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: Spring 2017
# of Months: 10
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency