DIRECTOR OF HOUSING & RESIDENTIAL PROGRAMS
Department: Residential Programs
The Director of Housing and Residential Programs provides overall leadership and administration for the department including strategic planning and goal setting, policies and procedures, staff supervision, budget management, risk management, and the development and assessment of co-curricular programs and services designed to advance student success.
Under general direction, plans, organizes, implements, directs, and evaluates personnel, programs, and activities of the Housing & Residential Programs Department.
1. Coordinates a team effort to provide a safe, supportive learning environment for academic and personal success of residents living in campus housing.
2. Develops departmental goals, strategies, operations, and processes while collaborating with the community to develop learning opportunities for students.
3. Provides leadership in financial management of the departments; review and manage budget accounts; establish accounting procedures for programming and operating budgets in compliance with State and University policies and regulations; oversees financial transactions; develop systems, policies, and procedures to monitor income and expenditures.
4. Assesses emergency situations occurring in residence halls and takes or directs appropriate action.
5. Directs the development and implementation of programs and activities designed to promote student development and enhance residential life.
6. Develops and administers assessment tools to evaluate the efficiencies and effectiveness of programs, initiatives, processes, and policies.
7. Works collaboratively with a wide variety of administrative and academic departments across the university community to promote programs that complement and support the students' academic experience.
8. Serves on a variety of committees, councils, and advisory groups; represents the Department in meetings, receptions, and other programs.
9. Attends training, seminars, professional association meetings, conferences, and other meetings as needed.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of the principles and practices of student development and residential life programs; knowledge of the principles and practices of effective employee supervision and training; knowledge of contemporary computer technology used in residence life programs; ERP systems; phone systems; knowledge of budget preparation and financial administration; knowledge of purchase requisition procedures.
Ability to plan, organize, implement, and manage student life programs; ability to provide effective supervision and direction to staff; ability to speak and write effectively; ability to analyze problems or issues and develop effective solutions.
Skill in oral and written communication; skill in interpersonal relations.
Possession of a Master's degree in business, a social or behavioral science, education, or other directly related field.
A minimum of three years of experience in Housing/Residential Programs/Residence Life directly supervising a staff of at least two full-time employees, being part of housing/residential programs leadership team, creating successful teams, strategic planning experience, financials and system processes experience, using effective organizational and decision-making skills and polished personal and written communication are required.