About Lesley University:
Lesley University prepares women and men for lives and careers that make a difference. We offer our staff the same opportunity.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, life, and long-term-disability insurance. In addition, we offer generous amounts of vacation and holiday time, as well as a tuition remission policy that enables employees to expand their knowledge and skills.
For more information about Lesley University, please visit our website at http://www.lesley.edu.
The Director of the Middle School and High School Programs will oversee and teach in two closely related programs. The Director will provide leadership in direction and revision of the programs that will take advantage of Lesley’s strengths and help differentiate the programs from traditional secondary preparation programs. The Director will revise key program courses and assessment instruments, lead program initiatives and collaborations with others at Lesley, staff all courses with core and adjunct faculty, further develop and train the adjunct faculty pool, and teach courses in the programs both on campus and in the regional weekend format. The Director will work closely with the Assistant Director for Academic Advising assigned to these programs and the Division Director for Teaching, Learning, and Leadership, to whom he/she will report. While the focus initially will be on the current initial licensure Master’s degree programs, other programmatic offerings such as new collaborative, dual licensure, professional licensure, and professional development programs will be developed in collaboration with others. Also, new course/program formats may need to be developed including online, hybrid, blended, etc. Final preparation for and assistance with the upcoming TEAC/State review, will also be a part of the position. The Director will be leading overall efforts for program development, effectiveness, promotion, and growth. This is a 10 month position with 7 academic units, two of which will be for program direction/administration and development and 5 for teaching or other academic tasks. The Director, as a full time faculty member, will also have a student advising load.
- Earned doctorate from a regionally accredited institution in one of the Middle School or High School content areas, education, or related field.
- Do you have experience working with, instructing, or supervising pre-service teachers, in-service teachers, or other professionals in the field?
- At least 3 years of successful teaching, research, or administration experience relating to Middle School or High School.
- Expertise in one or more of the Middle School or High School content areas.
- Knowledge of/experience with teacher preparation and graduate pre-service programs; and a requisite scholarly record to warrant appointment at the assistant or associate professor rank.
- Must be willing to teach and develop courses and programs in a variety of delivery formats (face-to-face on campus, face-to-face weekends off campus, hybrid, online, etc.) and travel to teach at regional program sites approximately 4 to 8 weekends per year.
- Must have experience in the recruitment, training, and supervision of adjunct faculty or other professional instructors.
- Applicants should provide evidence of professional commitment to programs that emphasize preparing teachers to teach culturally, linguistically, and academically diverse students with and without disabilities, and to the integration of technology into the curriculum and teaching.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Successful higher education teaching experience and/or Middle School/High School administrative experience is preferred.
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, applicant screening will begin immediately, and the search will continue until the position is filled.
Candidates should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, a teaching portfolio (statement of teaching philosophy, a summary of student evaluations, sample original teaching materials) and three letters of recommendation.
Lesley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to increasing the diversity of the university community and the curriculum. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply.