Development Service Associate
Santa Clara University
Part Year: No
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Standard Hours (hours per week): 40
Santa Clara University is a comprehensive Jesuit, Catholic university located in California's Silicon Valley, offering its 8,800 students rigorous undergraduate curricula in arts and sciences, business, and engineering, plus master's, Ph.D., and law degrees.
Distinguished by its high student-retention rate, and ranked second among all master's universities in the West by U.S. News and World Report, Santa Clara University is California's oldest operating institution of higher-education. The University is focused on creating an academic community that educates citizens and leaders who will build a more just, humane, and sustainable world.
University Relations, composed of Development, Alumni Relations, and the Office of Marketing and Communications, builds Santa Clara University's excellence and character by strengthening relations with alumni, parents, and friends of the University, raising public awareness, and increasing private philanthropy, which supports the University's growth and reputation.
The Development Service Associate is a member of the Advancement Services team within University Relations and reports to the Director, Gifts and Records. This position performs a variety of complex duties associated with a highly confidential gift processing function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Development Service Associate is responsible for researching, entering and maintaining data in the development gift information system and auditing the integrity of that data. In addition, this position is responsible for creating new biographical entities for donors, prospects and corporations as needed and researching and maintaining all levels of biographical information. This position requires an individual who is highly detail oriented who can learn and comprehend a complex database with highly detailed policies and procedures.1. Demographic maintenance
• Process Alumni Directory requests through Blackbaud Net Community.
• Research and make changes to address information using web search engines, e.g. Alumni Finder, Hoovers, and Google.
• Update Alumni Chapter events.
• SCU board and committee updates.
• NCOA updates.
• Returned mail updates.
• Create new constituent records.
• Decease constituents, using search tools available to obtain obituaries or other proof of death.
• Link relationships, e.g., spouse, child, employment.
• Update education records.2. Link Blackbaud Internet Solutions constituents who have registered for an event or made a gift online.
• Search for existing records in the CRM database and update any address, email, phone, marital status or employment status when information has been provided.
• Create new records when necessary.3. Gift Entry
• Assist Gift Processing staff in batch entry for both gifts and event registrations as needed.
• Learn other gift entry responsibilities as needed.4. Special Projects
• Freshmen/Parent Project.
• Demographic project requests from internal and external sources.5. Other duties as assigned.GENERAL GUIDELINES1. Recommends initiatives and implements changes to improve quality and services.
2. Identifies and determines cause of problems; develops and presents recommendations for improvement of established processes and practices.
3. Maintains contact with customers and solicits feedback for improved services.
4. Maximizes productivity through use of appropriate tools; planned training and performance initiatives.
5. Researches and develops resources that create timely and efficient workflow.
6. Prepares progress reports; informs supervisor of project status; and deviation from goals. Ensures completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all operational functions.
Provides Work Direction:
Help train and supervise student workers in basic demographic updates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The items below are representative of the knowledge, skills, abilities, education, and experience required or preferred.This position requires the ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended, the California Fair Employment & Housing Act, and all other applicable laws, SCU provides reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities. A qualified individual is a person who meets skill, experience, education, or other requirements of the position, and who can perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Considerable time is spent at a desk using a computer terminal.
• May be required to travel to other buildings on the campus.
• May be required to attend conference and training sessions within Bay Area or in- or out-of-state locations.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Typical office environment.
• Mostly indoor office environment with windows.
• Offices with equipment noise.
• Offices with frequent interruptions.
• Knowledge of fundraising or similar relational database.
• Strong working knowledge and understanding of fundraising and donor relations concepts, principles, procedures and techniques preferred.
• Knowledge and experience using technology to enhance communications as well as operational efficiencies in the office.
• Understanding and appreciation of the mission of Santa Clara University and the vision and values of a Jesuit Catholic educational institution.
• Exceptional verbal, written, and research skills.
• Excellent computer skills; proficiency in using word processing, Excel spreadsheets, database and web resources. Experience with CRM database and Blackbaud Internet Solutions, or experience with other relational databases is preferred.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, external partners and donors.
• Demonstrated ability to establish credibility with broad and diverse constituencies based upon integrity, critical thinking, outstanding operational performance, customer service orientation and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated sound judgment in situations requiring independent decision-making.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
• Expert planning, coordination and organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to work within given time constraints.
• Ability to work independently and also collaboratively within a team.
• Flexibility in changes to work assignments.
• Ability to focus on a repetitive task for long periods of time.
• Ability to interpret and analyze data to make informed decisions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Associates Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• 2 to 5 years of experience with Microsoft Office applications.
• 1 to 4 years of experience with relational databases.
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://jobs.scu.edu
About Santa Clara University
Santa Clara University is a comprehensive Jesuit, Catholic university located in California’s Silicon Valley, offering its 8,800 students rigorous undergraduate curricula in arts and sciences, business, and engineering, plus master’s, Ph.D., and law degrees.
Distinguished by the highest retention rate and ranked second among all master’s universities in the West by U.S. News and World Report, Santa Clara University is California’s oldest operating institution of higher-education. The University is focused on creating an academic community that educates citizens and leaders who will build a more just, humane, and sustainable world.
Santa Clara University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability.
Santa Clara University annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Santa Clara University report, please go to the Campus Safety Services website at http://www.scu.edu/cs/. To request a paper copy please call Campus Safety at (408) 554-4441. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency