The Development Coordinator – Alumni and Special Events reports directly to the Director of Development and GC Foundation and has has specific responsibilities for promoting and expanding the involvement of the community in Galveston College through special events, fundraisers, and alumni engagement.
Minimum Education, Skills and Abilities:
- A bachelor’s degree in business management, journalism, public relations, mass communications, non-profit management, or a closely related field and a minimum of two years of experience in advancement, prospect research, alumni development, special event management, fund raising, and/or planned giving is required.
- Experience in a college or university setting, non-profit service organization, or the private sector related to alumni external relations, marketing, fund raising, and/or planned giving.
- Demonstrated outstanding written communications skills with particular emphasis and experience in news writing and persuasive writing.
- Technical writing skills and the ability to provide information in a variety of formats and media to promote the College and the Foundation to various individuals and entities from diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated aptitude in working with diverse community groups, including individual and corporate donors, and engage in interpersonal contact with a wide variety of internal and external constituencies.
- Strong oral communication skills, including demonstrated experience in public speaking.
- Excellent budget development and cost analysis skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including but not limited to, strong internet research skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Provide service in a pleasant, helpful, and effective manner to our students and other members of the college community.
Preferred Education, Skills, and Abilities:
- A master’s degree in journalism, business management, public relations, mass communications, non-profit management, or a closely related field and a minimum of four years of experience in public relations, fund raising, and planned giving, or a combination of a bachelor’s degree and seven years of experience.
- Proficient in the use of Raiser’s Edge software.
Please apply through our website: https://www.gc.edu/human-resources/