Contra Costa Community College District
Counselor (Disabled Students Programs and Services)
Posting Number: F00216
Location: Diablo Valley College
Salary: 47.67-$71.81 per hour
Description of Position:
Use a variety of counseling techniques and strategies to provide academic, career and personal counseling services to students with disabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to contractual duties for this position which will include counseling and program coordination, all faculty are expected to participate actively in their disciplines, in their departmental activities and in the general intellectual life and governance of the college. Part of the counseling assignment may be in the evening program. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. assisting students with decision-making and the exploration of their educational, career, and personal goals;
2. working with students to develop educational plans;
3. adhering to the schedule that has been developed with the Department Chairpersons, which may include individual student appointments, drop-in assignments, workshops, and weekend and/or evening assignments;
4. collaborating with instructional faculty in support of the goals of the institution;
5. participating in the college governance process, including attendance at all department and division meetings, and serve on college wide committees;
6. promoting the philosophy that integrates counseling and mentoring to support student learning;
7. participating in required training and activities such as conferences, regional meetings, outreach, orientations for students, community activities & social/cultural events, field trips, mentorship, advisory groups, etc.;
8. participating in professional development activities, both departmental and college-wide;
9. creating a positive environment that provides students with the support/motivation likely to enable them to transfer;
10. maintaining current knowledge of counseling techniques and other effective student support intervention strategies;
11. engaging in outreach targeting feeder high schools and community groups;
12. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
13. performing other related duties as assigned.
Possession of a master’s degree, or equivalent foreign degree, in rehabilitation counseling,
Possession of a master’s degree, or equivalent foreign degree, in special education, and twenty four or more semester units in upper division or graduate level course work in counseling, guidance, student personnel, psychology, or social work;
A master’s degree in counseling, guidance, student personnel, psychology, career development, or social welfare; and either twelve or more semester units in upper division or graduate level course work specifically in counseling or rehabilitation of individuals with disabilities, or two years of full-time experience, or the equivalent, in one or more of the following; (A) Counseling or guidance for students with disabilities; or (B) Counseling and/or guidance in industry, government, public agencies, military or private social welfare organizations in which the responsibilities of the position were predominantly or exclusively for persons with disabilities.
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency