About Lesley University:
Lesley University is committed to active learning, scholarly research, critical inquiry, and diverse forms of artistic practice through close mentoring relationships among students, faculty, and practitioners in the field. Lesley prepares graduates with the knowledge, skill, understanding, and ethical judgment to be catalysts who shape a more just, humane, and sustainable world.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, life, and long-term-disability insurance. In addition, we offer generous amounts of vacation and holiday time, as well as a tuition remission policy that enables employees to expand their knowledge and skills.
For more information about Lesley University, please visit our website at http://www.lesley.edu.
Reporting to the Senior Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, this full-time CORE faculty member and Department Chair will serve a dynamic and progressive Photography Department, teaching undergraduate required and elective courses in Photography. The incumbent will provide vision for the department and faculty initiatives regarding program and curriculum development and departmental strategies. They will oversee course scheduling and student advising for the department. As a faculty member they will advise and mentor up to 40 undergraduate students; organize and participate in department and school activities for students, including club sponsorship, visiting artists, field trips. As a faculty member they will serve on school and university committees and attend meetings as required; manage department obligations regarding assessment, department student advising meetings, recruitment functions like visit days, and portfolio reviews. A successful candidate must maintain a professional practice with an active national presence in photography with significant and distinguished professional experience and research in the field. The successful candidate must be enthusiastic, flexible, organized and responsive to a rapidly changing professional environment. A strong interpersonal and communication skill is a must.
- Master of Fine Arts degree in Photography.
- Evidence of significant and/or distinguished professional experience in the field of Photography and demonstrate an active regional and/or national presence in photography?
- Five - ten years college teaching experience and a strong commitment to teaching.
- Evidence of at least three years of leadership experience as a department chair, a division director in higher education or manager of a team of faculty and students.
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum development and in driving strategic initiatives.
- Expertise in and the ability to teach areas of contemporary photography such as, but not limited to, traditional, new/digital, and alternative media in commercial studio, documentary, photojournalism, and/or fine art photography.
- In-depth understanding of the broad range of contemporary theory regarding the concepts, application and practice of photography.
- Organizational skills to direct a robust department, design a broad curriculum, develop an active visiting artist lecture and workshop program and manage the diversity and needs of a student body.
- Do you have excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills?
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, applicant screening will begin immediately, and the search will continue until the position is filled.
Please include a cover letter, CV/ resume, and contact information for three references.
Lesley University is committed to recruiting and employing qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal opportunity and affirmative action.