Contra Costa Community College District
Computer Science Adjunct Instructor
Posting Number: F00235
Location: Diablo Valley College
Salary: $59.70 - 84.36
Description of Position
Provide exemplary instruction, in accordance with approved course outlines, to a student body diverse in age, ethnicity, and academic skills for courses in Computer Science, such as C++ and Java programming, object-oriented programming, data structures, and assembly language. Prepare and grade class assignments and exams. Inform students of their academic progress of course requirements, and evaluation procedures. Maintain scholastic records and submit them according to published deadlines.
Email Prof. Caterina Pentcheva, COMSC Department Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: D4610-Computer Science
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
1. Master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering OR
2. Bachelor’s degree in either of the above AND master’s degree in mathematics, cybernetics, business administration, accounting or engineering OR
3. Bachelor’s degree in engineering AND master’s degree in cybernetics, engineering, mathematics, or business administration OR
4. Bachelor’s degree in mathematics AND master’s degree in cybernetics, engineering, mathematics, or business administration OR
5. Bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND a master’s degree in information science, computer information systems, or information systems OR
6. The equivalent
Teaching experience in beginning and intermediate level computer programming including C++, Java, including data structures, object-oriented programming, or in assembly language and computer architecture.
Job Open Date: 08/16/2016
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Begins: Fall 2016, and ongoing
# of Months: 5
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency