Contra Costa Community College District
Computer Network Technologies Adjunct Professor
Posting Number: F00171
Location: Diablo Valley College
Salary: $59.70 - $84.36
Description of Position
The Computer Science Department is seeking qualified candidates to teach community college computer networking classes at various levels including introduction to networking, server administration, file and print servers, email servers, virtualization, active directory, router and switch configurations, network security, Microsoft, Linux, and MAC mixed environments, cloud computing, computer hardware, wire and wireless concepts, FOA certification, and mobile devices in a network environment.
Contact Cheryl Martucci, [email protected]
Position Status: Temporary
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Part-Time Faculty
Department: D4610-Computer Science
Duties and Responsibilities:
Adjunct Faculty duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules;
2. creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
3. evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
4. meeting with students outside of class;
5. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
6. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
7. fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
8. maintaining accurate academic records;
9. performing other related duties as assigned.
1. Any bachelor’s degree AND two years of professional experience. 2. Any associate degree AND six years of professional experience. 3. A valid California Community College Instructor Credential authorizing full-time instruction in computer service technology. 4. The equivalent. (If you believe that you meet the minimum qualifications via equivalency, please fill out the equivalency form.)
1. Master’s degree in information systems, data analysis, or business administration with a concentration in information systems. 2. Experience/training/classroom teaching experience in a higher educational environment. 3. Ideal candidates will possess extraordinary interpersonal skills, leadership qualities, a passion for teaching, and the ability to effectively communicate with students to help them achieve their educational goals.
Job Open Date: 12/16/2015
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Employment Begins: January 2016
# of Months: 5
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency