|Position Title:||Clerical Assistant - Admissions and Records (Part Time, Temporary Hourly, Non-Benefited)|
|Open Until Filled (notes):||Open for Academic Year|
|Length of Position:||Temporary, as Needed Basis|
|Anticipated Start Date:|
|Position Type:||Temporary PT Hourly|
|FTE:||< .50 FTE|
|Salary Level:||Irregular Wage Salary Schedule|
|Starting Minimum Pay:||$10.75/hr, non-benefited position, no guarantee of hours|
|Starting Maximum Pay:||$10.75/hr, non-benefited position, no guarantee of hours|
|Hours per Week:||10-20 hours per week|
|Work Schedule:||Work Schedule may Vary|
|Days of the Week:||Monday - Friday|
|Job Summary/Purpose:|| |
Performs a variety of general clerical, office and receptionist duties. Greets visitors, answers questions, gives directions, makes referrals and provides information and assistance about department operations and procedures.
• This is a part-time (<.50 FTE) position
|Essential Functions:|| |
1. Serve as the first point of contact for members of the campus community; provides front counter and general office assistance; maintains an inviting and friendly atmosphere in reception area.
2. Provide general campus and building information to students, staff and community members through in- person, phone and or email interaction.
3. Provides support to students and faculty; compiles data for preparation as requested.
4. Receive and file paperwork, answers the phone, delivers materials, etc. May make photocopies as requested by faculty or other office staff.
5. Maintain cleanliness of surrounding areas. Enter job tickets into the campus system for other maintenance items.
6. Perform other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:|| |
Individuals must possess these knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the duties and responsibilities of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities. The applicant must:
1. Ability to interact and serve students from a variety of backgrounds, respecting cultural and socio-economic differences.
|Physical Demands and Other Ergonomic Requirements:|| |
The employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms and requires near visual acuity to write, read written materials and computer screens, and sufficient hearing and speech ability for ordinary telephonic conversations. Occasional lifting under ten pounds for 15 percent of the time. Computer screen is used more than 70 percent of the time. Must be able to climb or pull self-upward and guide, feeding materials into proper position. Able to crawl under desks to check cabling and able to carry supplies between campus buildings. All individuals are required to be able to perform the essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
|Equal Opportunity / Non-Discrimination Statement|| |
The goal of Central Oregon Community College is to provide an atmosphere that encourages our faculty, staff and students to realize their full potential. In support of this goal, it is the policy of Central Oregon Community College that there will be no discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, disability, sex, marital status, national origin, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status or any other classes protected under Federal and State statues in any education program, activities or employment. Persons having questions about equal opportunity and nondiscrimination should contact the Equal Employment Officer, c/o COCC’s Human Resources office, 541.383.7216.
|Minimum Qualifications:|| |
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
The College recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal higher education and paid employment. Applicants who do not meet minimum qualifications but present other qualifications or experience equivalent to those required will be considered and are encouraged to apply. To qualify under equivalency, applicants must indicate how they qualify under equivalency by responding to the supplemental question presented during the application process
|Special Qualifications:|| |
• Work experience in a higher education (Community College or University)
|Special Instructions to Applicants:|| |
THIS RECRUITMENT IS HIRING FOR AN ON-CALL TEMPORARY HOURLY NON-BENEFITED POSITION, TO ASSIST WITH SCHEDULING VACANCIES AND REPLACEMENT NEEDS.
NOTE: You may be required to upload required documents indicated in this posting at the time you apply. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to upload all required documents, including transcript(s). If you have questions please contact Human Resources at 541-383-7216.
|Is a Criminal History Check required?||Yes|
|Is a Credit History Check Required?||No|
|Open Until Filled||Yes|