Contra Costa Community College District
Certified Nursing Assistant Professor
Posting Number: F00241
Location: Contra Costa College
Salary: $53,088 - $87,960
Description of Position
This is a full-time, tenure track academic position in the Nurse Assistant Certification and Home Health Aide Programs. The assignment includes responsibility for teaching in class, skills laboratory, and clinical settings, as well as evaluating and advising students. Additionally, the position requires administrative work related to program needs. Participation in committees from the Department, Division, and District level is required.
Lorena Cortez Office of Instruction Contra Costa College 2600 Mission Bell Drive San Pablo, CA 94806 Phone: (510)215-3841 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Status: Tenured Track
EEO Job Category: Faculty & Other Instructional Staff
Employee Group: Full-Time Faculty
Duties and Responsibilities:
In addition to contractual duties, all full-time faculty are expected to participate actively in their disciplines, department activities, and the general intellectual life and governance of the college. Part of the teaching assignment may be in the evening and/or online. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. advancing equitable student learning through dedicated, exemplary instruction in accordance with established course outlines;
2. participating in the assessment of student learning outcomes for courses and programs; developing and implementing student learning outcomes assessment processes for courses and programs;
3. collaborating in the development and revision of curriculum and in program review;
4. engaging in department program improvement initiatives;
5. participating in department, division, and college committees;
6. participating in professional development activities, both departmental and college-wide;
7. maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter area and effective teaching/ learning strategies;
8. maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
9. informing students of course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements;
10. preparing and grading class assignments and examinations and informing students of their academic progress;
11. maintaining attendance, scholastic, and personnel records and submitting them according to published deadlines;
12. posting and holding sufficient and regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy;
13. participating in College’s shared governance processes.
CALIFORNIA COMMUNITY COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS: Any bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience, OR any associate degree and six years of professional experience. DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH INSTRUCTOR REQUIREMENTS:
One (1) year nursing experience as a licensed nurse providing direct patient care in a long term care facility, in addition to one (1) year of experience planning, implementing and evaluating educational programs in nursing;
Two (2) years of full time experience as a licensed nurse, at least one (1) year of which must be in the provision of direct patient care in a nursing facility (also long term care facility). In addition, twenty-four (24) hours of continuing education courses in planning, implementing and evaluation of educational programs in nursing is required. These courses must be approved by the Board of Registered Nursing or courses administered by an accredited educational institution.
1. Knowledge of the California Department of Public Health regulations that govern the curriculum of the Nurse Assistant Certification and Home Health Aide programs.
2. Experience in curriculum development, implementation and evaluation.
3. Experience in teaching theory, skills, and clinical practice to students in a Nurse Assistant Certification and Home Health Aide program.
4. Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking skills in both classroom and clinical settings to enhance student learning.
5. Administrative experience in managing Nurse Assistant Certification and Home Health Aide programs.
6. Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and ability to work with diverse racial, ethnic, gender, and disabled student populations.
7. Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with faculty, staff, and students.
8. Demonstrated interest in working with students in the Nurse Assistant Certification and Home Health Aide programs
Job Open Date: 08/22/2016
Job Close Date: 10/24/2016
Open Until Filled: No
Employment Begins: January 2017
# of Months: 10
To apply, visit: https://www.4cdcareers.net
The Contra Costa Community College District does not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, or sexual orientation. This prohibition against unlawful discrimination extends to any person who is perceived to have any of the above characteristics or who is associated with someone who has, or who is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency