Posting Title : CENTER MANAGER - The Center for Neuroscience Research
Requisition Number : 1761
City : Boston
State/Province : Massachusetts
Zip code : 02111
Job Description-Overview :
The Center for Neuroscience Research (CNR) provides research core facilities that augment the research capabilities of neuroscientists and other scientists at Tufts University and Tufts Medical Center. Based within the Department of Neuroscience, the CNR is funded through a grant from the National Institute of Neurological Diseases and Stroke (NINDS). The CNR faculty members perform biomedical research in the area of neurobiology and teach within medical and graduate school courses. The Center Manager serves as the administrative and financial manager of the CNR.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• The overall supervision of the CNR facilities;
• Coordinating several aspects of the core managers' jobs including planning for the provision of core services, determination of appropriate billing charges for core usage, the maintenance and/or purchase of new equipment and the organization of core usage information for the administrative database
• Conducting regular meetings with each of the core managers to coordinate the core's and manager's responsibilities
• Being responsible for all financial, administrative, and operational aspects of the center;
• Overseeing fiscal and grants management
• Supervising several research core personnel
• Facilitating communication among center faculty and communicating with NIH grant administrators
• Planning and coordination of the annual research/scientific advisory board meeting.;
• Maintaining the center website
• Modifying and maintaining the center's FileMaker Pro database used for tracking core usage and billing
• Publication of the center newsletter
• Planning and assisting with the preparation and submission of NIH competing and non-competing grant proposals, including the review of grant proposals to insure compliance with NIH and university guidelines
• Supervising the center pilot project award program
• Other supervisory and administrative duties as needed
Job Description - Requirements :
Basic Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Neuroscience, or related field and 3 years project management experience. Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to lift up to 25 pounds with or without accommodation. Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential due to the interactive nature of this position. The successful candidate must be organized and able to multitask.
Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree preferred. Strong Experience with center administration; grants management and fiscal administration; as well as NIH grant planning and writing is highly desirable.
Please apply online at http://hr.tufts.edu/jobs
JOB REQUISITION #: 1761
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.