LOCATION: Green Bay campus
STANDARD HOURS: 40 hours per week. Typical hours Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; with flexibility required to work other hours as necessary
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY*: $59,850/year.
*Current benefit eligible employees will be placed within the pay range based on their current rate/range.
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307-9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.
The Business Development and Relationship analyst (BDRA) will work as a liaison among stakeholders in order to understand the structure, polices and operations of the organization and recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. They will use their skills and understanding of the college operations to help people find technology solutions they need to achieve the organizations goals.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
The BDRA will inspire and shape business demand for a technology solutions and services and ensure that the potential business value from those solutions and services is fully captured, optimized, and recognized.
Serve as the business relationship liaison for assigned departments, providing a single point of contact for customers into the IIT organization.
Learn department business processes.
Become familiar with all department plans and strategy.
Assist the department in the annual budget request process.
The BDRA ensures that business strategies fully leverage current technology capabilities, and that the technology capabilities enable business strategies.
Verifies success of business change initiatives that result from new projects by tracking and reviewing performance, identify ways to increase the business value from new technologies, and initiates feedback that triggers continuous improvement cycles.
The BDRA collects the business requirements from customers and translates them into specifications with the IIT technical staff.
Review systems and advise stakeholders on ways to make processes more efficient and staff more productive.
Assist with the implementation of business solutions.
Articulate business analysis results clearly and concisely to systems development staff.
Help customers create test plans that are mapped back to system requirements.
Complete testing activities and facilitate User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Work with stakeholders to define and document business rules and procedures.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Demonstrated experience influencing without authority
• Proven decision-making skills leading to successful outcomes
• Demonstrated ability to present complex issues and contribute to high level discussions
• Strong organization and time management skills; able to manage tasks simultaneously
• Strong customer service orientation while maintaining a high level of integrity and confidentially
• Detail oriented with advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Values - Demonstrate behaviors and action that support the College’s values - Customer Focus, Everyone Has Worth, Passion and Inspiration, Collaboration, Emotional Intelligence, Results and Accountability, Valuing Talent and Well Being, and Ethics.
- Student Success – Demonstrate behaviors and actions that support student recruitment, retention, and student success initiatives.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Active Listening - actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Communication, Written and Oral – communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented - take care of the customers’ needs while following College procedures.
- Creative – think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Initiative – make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Organized –follow a systematic method of performing a task.
- Relationship Building – effectively build relationships with customers and coworkers.
- Research Skills – design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
Experience: Minimum 3 years proven experience with building customer relationships is required. Knowledge of Higher Education and technology operations are recommended.
**An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
Strong keyboarding, use of Microsoft Office suite and general technology acumen.