The Office of Institutional Research & Evaluation serves as a research resource to the university community. The range of assistance is great - from consulting on survey construction to designing, executing and reporting entire projects. The office routinely completes survey research, outcomes assessments, and evaluations for various offices and schools within the university.
The Business Analyst position is a blended/liaison position. The Business Analyst will spend approximately 50% of his/her time in the Office of Institutional Research and the remainder of the time with the Enterprise Data Warehouse Team. The Business Analyst will provide support to Tufts iSIS users, serve as the interface between OIR&E and the Data Warehouse team, serve as the Tufts IPEDS key holder, work with members of the Data Warehouse team to design universes and data reports, respond to external data requests, as well as be involved with various research projects. The Business Analyst will work on multiple projects simultaneously. Responsibilities include developing and maintaining a thorough understanding of the student information system, the data warehouse, and user needs. The Business Analyst will need to verify data quality, assist in the development of a data dictionary, and proactively identify, build, and maintain relationships with data users and providers, colleagues and clients. As the IPEDS Key Holder the Business Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the numerous data submissions. The Business Analyst will need to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and must be a detail-oriented, highly driven, independent technologist with expert client management skills.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of 2 years of related experience
• Proficiency using a statistical software package (e.g. SPSS, SAS, STATA or R), as well as Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with Oracle SQL, and Oracle databases
• Knowledge of research design, statistical analysis, and qualitative & quantitative research methods
• Experience with spreadsheet & graphic software, and in developing and maintaining data management systems.
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical staff.
• Technologically adept, including proficiency in the use of standard up-to-date query/reporting platforms and/or tools.
• Experience with data relationships and manipulation.
• Understanding of relational and dimensional data models and structures.
• Ability to identify, communicate, and resolve data quality and data reconciliation issues.
• Demonstrated ability to:
o Work effectively on several projects simultaneously
o Compose accurate and clearly written reports and documents
o Work independently within basic guidelines and parameters and with minimal supervision
o Gather and analyze available data and draw logical conclusions
o Establish & maintain effective collaborative working team relationships
o Engage in proactive problem solving and critical thinking/analysis
o Manage complex projects
o Meet critical deadlines
o Manage multiple assignments and priorities
• Must be detail-oriented, possess maturity in judgment, creativity, and the ability to get along with widely diverse personalities; must be able to maintain a high degree of integrity while professionally handling confidential data.
• Must successfully complete all appropriate background checks as required.
• Familiar with higher education issues, IPEDS, assessment, and performance indicators
• Proficient with Business Objects with Web intelligence and designing universes
• 2+ years of dashboard design and development, using tools such as SAP Business Objects Dashboard, Tableau, or others.
• Experience with PL/SQL
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.