Posting Title : ASSISTANT REGISTRAR-Office of Student Affairs/Registrar's Office
Requisition Number : 2258
City : Boston
State/Province : Massachusetts
Zip code : 02111
Job Description-Overview :
The Registrar’s Office is within the Office of Student Affairs of the Tufts University School of Medicine. The Office of Student Affairs is responsible for all enrollment management and student support services. The offices provide a multitude of services to over 840 students, 400+ faculty members, the TUSM clinical affiliates, and TUSM academic and administrative offices. The Student Affairs office oversees the scheduling, coordination and operation of the clinical curriculum and supports students in the residency application process. The Registrar’s Office is responsible for the management of the administrative student information systems, annual registration, administration of the Visiting Clerkship Program, annual clerkship scheduling processes, the annual publication of the clerkship catalogs and clerkship guides. The office also helps support all OSA events.
The Assistant Registrar will establish and sustain strong, viable interfaces between the Registrar's Office, university and school offices and our clinical affiliates. Responsibilities include:
· Provide strong leadership in all matters pertaining to student and course data, data gathering, data security, data sharing and data analysis
· Manages and supports the use of technology resources for the Office of the Registrar and the Office of Student Affairs
· Provides technical support for current and future Student Records databases
· Responsible for student data updates in iSIS
· Engages in compiling a variety of statistical reports off of TUSM data; including student, grade, enrollment and survey data for administrative offices as well as outside organizations
· Coordinates all aspects of the annual updating of the 3rd and 4th year catalogs.
· Serves as project lead for the 3rd Year and 4th Year Clerkship scheduling processes.
· Provides administrative support to the Core Collaborators and 3 Clerkship Director Committees
· Participates in administrative support to Office of the Registrar for additional tasks and projects as determined by the Registrar. Serves as technical resource on projects such as Commencement, Orientation, White Coat Ceremony, Dean's Letter and other OSA events
Job Description - Requirements :
Basic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years’ experience is required. Must be enthusiastic and motivated, and able to work with multiple constituencies. Excellent judgment, ability to work under pressure and handle sensitive issues required. Ability to be creative in a resource challenged environment.Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook, Superior communication skills (both written and verbal) Ability to lift up 15 lbs with or without accomodation.
Preferred Qualifications:Bachelor's degree.High proficiency with entire suite of Microsoft Office applications, especially Access.Must have good Access querying and report writing skills.Quick learner, responsible, able to work independently as well as part of a team and to check regularly for feedback. Flexibility and demonstrated competence to assess priorities, manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet competing deadlines with attention to detail and quality. Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills. Excellent problem-solving, trouble shooting skills.Ability to interact professionally with all levels of students, staff and faculty. Position involves dealing with confidential information, must exercise appropriate discretion. Familiarity with Tufts University or Tufts University School of Medicine helpful but not required.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:Some weekend work is required (e.g. Commencement, White Coat). Some evening time is required for class meeting periodically.
Please apply online at http://hr.tufts.edu/jobs
JOB REQUISITION #: 2258
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.