The Assistant Registrar reports and provides support to the Registrar and Director of Institutional Research. The Assistant Register manages the transfer credit evaluation processes within the Registrar/Records Office, assists in the registration of incoming students and participates in university-based retention efforts.
Example of Duties:
- Work with deans and department chairs to develop course equivalencies for articulation agreements and single course transfers.
- Facilitate the transfer evaluation process for new transfer students.
- Manage transfer credit for new and continuing students.
- Assume responsibility for the registration of all incoming transfer students.
- Assist in the registration of all first year students.
- Assist in maintaining course equivalencies for study abroad programs.
- Assist in the preparation of course schedules.
- Assist in maintaining both graduate and undergraduate catalogs.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR APPOINTMENT:
Two (2) years of professional work experience in a student-centered higher education environment, with responsibilities including use of computerized student information systems and interaction with multiple campus constituencies. Bachelor’s Degree Required.
To learn more about the University, please visit our website, at http://www.sbu.edu. Application review to begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Please forward cover letter, resume and three references, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each applicant must be able to pass a criminal background check. Unless otherwise provided by law, a criminal record will not automatically disqualify an individual from employment.
St. Bonaventure University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.