Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment which attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill an Assistant Project Director and Financial Education Coordinator, Single Stop position.
The Assistant Project Director and Financial Education Coordinator, Single Stop is responsible for providing financial education to students and for integrating the delivery of financial education services with the other Single Stop services – legal counseling, benefits screening and application assistance, and tax preparation – and with the other services and departments at the College. In addition, s/he will assist the Project Director in outreach and benefits counseling.
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- 100% College-paid medical, dental and prescription drug for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Bachelor's degree required. Any and all degrees must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• Two years (2) years direct experience in the asset development, housing counseling, financial education or related field required.
• Experience with and commitment to working with low-income families and individuals required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required.
• Excellent time management, attention to detail, critical thinking and organizational skills required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.Preferred Qualifications
• Experience working with large client population strongly preferred.