The School of Nursing at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC) seeks a full time 12 month faculty member for a tenure earning position. The School of Nursing offers the BSN, MSN and DNP degree in nursing and embraces the shared governance model as well as Boyer’s Model of scholarship.
Position: Assistant Professor and Coordinator of the Doctor of Nursing Practice: Nursing Administration (DNP:NA) Concentration
Effective Date: August 1, 2016
This individual should have demonstrated academic leadership capabilities and a desire to grow the program in innovative and creative ways.
- Serve as the Coordinator for the Doctor of Nursing Practice: Nursing Administration Concentration
- Develop, teach, and maintain the DNP:NA curriculum
- Oversee the development of new courses as needed in collaboration with DNP concentration faculty
- Advise DNP:NA students regarding progression and graduation
- Oversee the CCNE accreditation and NCSBN requirements
- Manage enrollment and actively engage in recruitment efforts
- Participate in the School of Nursing, university service and/or professional service
- Assist in monitoring and supporting learner success and collaborate with curriculum development and revisions
- Engage in scholarship activities
- Must hold current licensure as an RN in the state of Tennessee.
- Master’s degree in nursing and doctorate in nursing or related field required
- Experience in nursing administration is required
- Academic teaching experience especially using an online format preferred
- Attach a letter of interest, a current curriculum vita, copies of transcripts and a statement of teaching philosophy to your application.
- Inquiries may be made to Dr. Christine Smith via telephone at (423) 425-5766.
- Application review begins immediately and continues until the position if filled. Transcripts for all post-secondary academic work and three letters of professional reference are subject to be requested of all applicants during the screening process.
Please submit all information to:
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.