Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admission
Santa Clara University
Part Year: No
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Standard Hours (hours per week): 40
The Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admission is responsible for the recruitment and enrollment of the new student freshman and transfer undergraduate population by educating prospective students, families and high schools counselors about Santa Clara University and the admission process. This position will be part of the Undergraduate Admission team specializing in visitor relations.
The Assistant Director assists in attracting, evaluating and enrolling an academically strong, culturally diverse and socially conscious undergraduate student population in support of Santa Clara University's undergraduate enrollment goals. The Assistant Director will represent SCU to the public including prospective students, high counselors, alumni and community organizations. This is a non-exempt position reporting to the Sr. Associate Director of Undergraduate Admission (Visitor Relations)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
I. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:A. As territory manager of a designated geographic region, the assistant director manages, analyzes and develops a strategic plan to cultivate his/her assigned geographic territory. This includes planning and implementing recruitment events in designated geographic area; planning and conducting school visits; and maintaining communication and relations with high school officials.B. Reviews and evaluates applications generated by designated territory and makes admission decisions as authorized. Application evaluation will also include transfer applications.C. Manages assigned projects and initiatives with emphasis on Undergraduate programs related to visitor relations. Supported projects will include development of events such as Shadow SCU, on-and off-campus student programs, and collaborations with other University departments and partners.II. Specific Duties:A. Manage assigned territory (Territory Management)1. Responsible for the planning and management of recruiting efforts focusing on an assigned territory.
2. Represents SCU on- and off-campus to the public including prospective students, high school counselors, alumni and community organizations. Conducts presentations to groups and campus visitors.
3. Counsels students, parents and high school counselors regarding admission and financial aid processes, policies and procedures.
4. Responds to letter, telephone and e-mail inquiries regarding admission and enrollment/matriculation.
5. Assists in developing promotional materials, email marketing and other communication targeting designated territory.
6. Represents SCU at college fairs, college nights, parent programs, community meetings, etc. Program commitments will require some evening and weekend work.
7. Coordinates territory events and receptions including room reservations, food and catering orders, and other contracted services.
8. Analyses territory enrollment trends in preparation for planning and implementing a cohesive recruiting & enrollment plan for assigned territory.
9. Develops and implements a strategic travel plan.
10. Maintains and works within fiscal guidelines and/or budget.
11. Develops projections for short- and long-term territory planning.B. Manages and evaluates admission applications1. Reviews and evaluates undergraduate freshman and transfer applications to insure that all entrance requirements are satisfied and make decision recommendations.
2. Identifies students who are eligible for merit and special scholarships and recommends or nominates based on understanding and analysis of the total applicant pool.
3. Tracks and keeps pace with reading volume requirements.
4. Participates in committee decision-making and discussions.
5. Assists operations staff with processing and maintenance of applicant records with emphasis on completing applications and resolving applicant issues/concerns within his/her assigned territory.C. Manages assigned team projects and administrative responsibilities1. Assist in the development and implementation of Undergraduate Admission’s visitor events and strategic programming.
2. Coordinate with and collaborate with internal and external marketing partners to develop public relations and promotional messaging as needed.
3. Provides financial analyses, projections and reports, as required, to support development, implementation and administration of university budget(s).
4. Oversees events to ensure arrangements are handled appropriately and as planned.
5. Coordinates alumni volunteers, students and/or student groups and other admissions staff to implement plans for various projects. Assess effectiveness of efforts and modifies as needed.
6. Ensures that planning efforts are integrated with those of other university offices. Negotiates priorities and resolves conflicts as necessary.
7. Maintains professional currency through active participation and leadership in associations and committees both internal and external to the university. Process and report expenses on a timely basis according to departmental protocol.III. Other Duties:1. Participates in the University community via committees, projects and events.
2. Provides backup support to other admission positions as needed.
3. Other duties and projects as assigned.
Provides Work Direction:
Understanding and appreciation for the Jesuit, Catholic mission, goals and values of the University.
PC proficiency required. Working knowledge of Windows, including PeopleSoft, MS Word, Excel and Access highly desirable.
Demonstrated exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
Demonstrated excellent written and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks.
Self-motivated to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
Sensitivity toward people of diverse social, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
Willing to work as part of team and understand the importance of team work.
Valid California driver’s license and good driving record.
Ability to exercise sound judgment in a fast paced work environment.
Marketing, design and/or and social media experience preferred.
Commitment to customer service, both internal and external to the department.
Ability to handle confidential information.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and minimum of four years related work experience required.Masters degree and admissions related work and/or related experience in college environment highly desirable.
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://jobs.scu.edu
About Santa Clara University
Santa Clara University is a comprehensive Jesuit, Catholic university located in California’s Silicon Valley, offering its 8,800 students rigorous undergraduate curricula in arts and sciences, business, and engineering, plus master’s, Ph.D., and law degrees.
Distinguished by the highest retention rate and ranked second among all master’s universities in the West by U.S. News and World Report, Santa Clara University is California’s oldest operating institution of higher-education. The University is focused on creating an academic community that educates citizens and leaders who will build a more just, humane, and sustainable world.
Santa Clara University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion, and, in this spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of color, and members of historically underrepresented groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability.
Santa Clara University annually collects information about campus crimes and other reportable incidents in accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. To view the Santa Clara University report, please go to the Campus Safety Services website at http://www.scu.edu/cs/. To request a paper copy please call Campus Safety at (408) 554-4441. The report includes the type of crime, venue, and number of occurrences.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency