Applications Coordinator (IT Specialist I), Library - requisition # 16000001O6
This position is responsible for the iterative design, creation, administration, deployment and maintenance of enterprise application solutions for 400+ library computers and peripherals. Responsibilities include:
- Providing on-demand individualized troubleshooting, support, problem resolutions, and training for patrons and library staff members as it relates to computers and peripherals.
- Serving as back-up to other members of the Library’s Information Technology department to ensure that library systems are functional and interoperable, including library servers, workstations, and audio-visual equipment.
- Monitoring emerging technologies to respond to the evolving library-related technology needs of UTC faculty, staff, and students.
- Gathering and reporting departmental statistics.
- Serving as a liaison with campus Information Technology Division; participating in committees and acting as device management liaison.
- Serving at public services points such as the Circulation Desk or Studio.
- Must be available to work outside regular scheduled hours as needed; may be called upon for emergency IT support at the server level, and to mitigate service interruptions that affect library users.
This position’s routine work hours are Monday to Thursday 9 am to 6 pm, Friday 8 am to 5 pm, and on-call in the event of evening and weekend emergencies. Hours will shift during intersessions, holidays, and summer to accommodate changes in library hours.
Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent of 2-3 years job-related experience is preferred.
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Experience designing and managing Microsoft Desktop Management deployment solutions (i.e. WDS, MDT or SCCM).
- Experience designing and managing Mac OSX deployment solutions (i.e. Casper Suite)
- Experience utilizing and managing group policy and active directory.
- Demonstrated computer literacy, including experience with Windows desktops and Microsoft Office.
- Experience building and maintaining VMs.
- Experience with project management.
- Knowledge of LAN and WAN network infrastructure and protocols.
Soft Skill Requirements:
- Demonstrated strong public service orientation and excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to work as part of a team in a complex, changing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to make consistently good decisions when interpreting policies and explaining procedures, as well as ability to be diplomatic and negotiate difficult situations.
- Demonstrated ability to balance competing demands, sometimes without clear priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a rapidly changing information environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to orally/verbally interact with a variety of constituencies, including: students, faculty, colleagues, vendors, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to develop training materials and lead instructional sessions on technology topics for library faculty and staff, including groups up to 30 persons.
- Experience providing information technology customer service and helpdesk support.
- Proven ability to multitask, with a high aptitude for critical, out-of-the-box thinking skills.
- Proven ability to have great attention to detail.
- Proven ability to organize work, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability following and creating documentation.
- Experience working in a Library environment.
- Experience working with Linux systems/servers.
- Knowledge of basic web authoring tools.
- Knowledge of how people use information and how its organization can facilitate scholarly research.
- Familiarity with installation, maintenance, and use of audiovisual components including CD/DVD players, turntables, cassette recorders, amplifiers, microfilm machines, etc.
- Proven computing skills (computer hardware, networking fundamentals, Microsoft Office, Windows Operating Environment, Mac Operating Systems, Server Class OSes, Internet applications).
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.