Hudson County Community College is an award-winning, comprehensive urban college located just across the Hudson River from Manhattan in Jersey City and Union City, NJ. Fully accredited by Middle States Commission on Higher Education, the College offers courses and classes in a wide variety of disciplines to the people and businesses of Hudson County, one of the most historic and ethnically diverse areas of the United States. The College was recognized with the 2012 Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT) Northeast Regional Equity Award, was one of just five finalists in the U.S. for the American Association of Community Colleges’ (AACC) Student Success Award, and was presented with the New Jersey Business & Industry Association’s Good Neighbor Awards in 2009 for the Culinary Arts Conference Center and in 2012 for the North Hudson Campus Project, and in 2015 for the Library Building.
Implements student recruitment initiatives and coordinates various recruitment activities in support of the strategic enrollment initiatives of the College.
1. In consort with the Director, Admissions, participates in the implementation of short-term and long-term strategic planning initiatives for the Admissions Department that support the College's mission statement and contribute to the implementation and maintenance of efficient and cost-effective recruiting and admissions processes and procedures.
2. Coordinates, plans, develops, implements, and evaluates student recruitment programs for schools and the business and industry community to promote the College and its programs, to attract students and increase student enrollment, and to emphasize the College's commitment to providing educational opportunities to a diverse and multi-cultural community. May coordinate recruitment initiatives for a specialized program; e.g., Culinary Institute, STEM programs.
3. Generates inquiries and follows up with prospects in a timely manner via phone and/or email; effectively utilizes student CRM system to assist prospects in the enrollment process.
4. Interviews, counsels, and admits day/evening applicants in accordance with established College policies and procedures, applicable federal guidelines, established Student and Academic Affairs policies and procedures, and the rules and regulations defined by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
5. Dependent upon program supported, monitors, processes, and evaluates student transfer credits to compare and determine the applicability of prior course credits earned at sending college to HCCC's course requirements. Interacts directly with transfer students and appropriate representatives of sending colleges/accrediting agencies to obtain and clarify prior credits earned; consults course catalogs of sending colleges/accrediting agencies to determine and validate transfer of credits.
6. Actively participates in external and internal College recruitment programs via public and media presentations.
7. Coordinates and actively participates in Open House events and College tours at various on-site and off-site campus locations.
8. When coordinating recruitment initiatives for a specialized program; e.g., Culinary Institute, STEM programs, also:
- Serves as key liaison between the Institute and students. Provides advice and counseling to students, conducts new student orientation, and explains Institute programs, policies, and procedures. Ensures proper testing, placement, registration, financial assistance, etc.
- Coordinates and conducts visits and tours for students and parents;
- Coordinates all logistics and participates in various events held at the Institute or offsite to represent the institute; e.g., hospitality parties, charity events, luncheons, fund raisers, benefits, etc.
9. Completes and maintains various recruiting and admissions documentation and records. Prepares periodic accreditation reports, documents, etc., as required by relevant federal/state/local rules and regulations and established College policies and procedures.
10. Effectively collaborates with all staff members of the Enrollment Services Department and Student Affairs Division to work towards the achievement of common goals regarding the development, promotion, administration, enhancement, and growth of the complete Division program.
11. Actively participates in the development and implementation of process improvement systems specifically related to recruiting operations and administrative activities to streamline operations, enhance existing procedures, and increase the operating efficiency of department operations.
12. Continues to develop professional skills through independent research, networking, attending seminars and workshops, etc., to maintain awareness of current and changing trends in education and specific to recruiting and admissions. Remains knowledgeable of regulatory issues specific to student recruitment and admissions, general enrollment services, and administrative activities.
13. Represents the College to current and prospective students, guidance counselors, and external constituencies. Projects a positive self-image of professionalism, appearance, confidentiality, courtesy, conduct, honesty, fairness, and personal integrity at all times.
14. Performs other student recruitment services and activities, as required. Actively participates in special projects, as required. Remains flexible and adaptable in work schedules and work assignments as defined by College and departmental needs.
Education & Experience:
Minimum of a Bachelor degree in a related field required with a minimum of three years of experience in recruiting and admissions.
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of admissions standards and recruitment objectives and principals required with the ability to plan, organize, and implement related programs and activities. Ability to plan and implement marketing strategies and programs required. Effective verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal, and customer service skills required to effectively collaborate with prospective, new and existing students, Division Deans, faculty, advisors, counselors, and all levels of employees and management. Computer proficiency and knowledge of automated admissions and student information systems also required. An understanding of and commitment to the role of a comprehensive community college in an urban multi-cultural setting also required, with prior experience in working with non-traditional students from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds being essential. Bi-lingual ability preferred. Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required by event schedules. Valid driver's license and vehicle required. During peak enrollment periods, additional hours may be required.
To Apply: Send letter of application, resume, salary requirements and names/contact information of three professional references.
Department of Human Resources
81 Sip Avenue, Mezzanine Level
Jersey City, NJ 07306
E-mail: [email protected]
Fax: (201) 714-2509
For additional information and employment opportunities at HCCC, please visit:
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
HCCC IS AN EEO/AA EMPLOYER