Admissions & Records Technician II, Short-term/Temporary
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 01773
Posting Date: 08/11/2016
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Short-term Temporary Hourly
Work Week: 40 hours per week (as needed)
Minimum Salary: $22.38 per hour
This position is eligible for ACA health benefits.
College/Site: Bakersfield College
Location: BC-Main Campus
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a variety of complex technical tasks relative to the daily activities of the Admissions and Records Office; evaluate student transcripts; provide information about the College to faculty, staff, students and the general public.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: Associate degree AND two years of general clerical experience, preferably with experience in an admissions and records role.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Receive and process petitions for graduation; evaluate transcripts from other colleges; determine course equivalencies; credit student record; evaluate student records for graduation and transfer eligibility; post units and grade points to student record; calculate grade point averages; post graduation dates, majors, and class rank to individual transcripts; provide graduation lists for publication.
- Prepare certification of general education requirements for four-year colleges and universities; monitor changes in course requirements for transfer purposes.
- Assist in the administration of the office; respond to technical questions from staff; train and provide work direction and guidance to student assistants.
- Accept and review registration applications for accuracy and completeness; determine enrollment eligibility, including determining eligibility for international students, immigration and VISA requirements; calculate and collect appropriate enrollment fees; monitor and tag a variety of enrollment components, including residency, financial obligations, assessment, probationary status, and prerequisites.
- Communicate admission policies and procedures to a variety of individuals and organizations, including students, staff, the public and outside agencies; respond to requests for enrollment verifications from students and outside agencies and organizations.
- Assist students in obtaining records and copies of transcripts; mail copies of transcripts and verifications of enrollment as requested.
- Course descriptions and articulation agreements.
- Policies and procedures relating to the District’s grading practices.
- District admissions policies and procedures.
- Graduation and transfer requirements for various four-year colleges and universities.
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
Business letter writing and report preparation.
- Principles and procedures of record-keeping.
- Basic arithmetic.
Salary Grade: 42.5
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/8046. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.