Admissions & Records Assistant (Delano Campus)
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 01849
Posting Date: 11/08/2016
Closing Date: 11/28/2016
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Classified
Work Week: 19 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $1,124.79 per month
Maximum Salary: $1,589.31 per month (maximum entry $1,124.79 per month)
Sick leave, vacation and retirement.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Disability benefits are voluntary and prorated for less than 40 hour per week employees.
College/Site: Bakersfield College
Location: BC-Delano Center
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a variety of clerical duties in the Admissions and Records Office; to provide information about the college to faculty, staff, students and the general public.
- Process student enrollment registrations; enter student data and check registration forms for accuracy; calculate and receive registration fees; enroll students in classes; prepare and mail registration confirmation forms, parking permits and maps to students.
- Assist in evaluating student records for graduation; post units and grade points to student records; maintain student status for various committees; provide list of graduates to graphics department for printing of commencement program.
- Provide information in person or over the telephone to faculty, staff and students on college curriculum, admissions requirements, residency requirements and fees.
- Process addition and deletion forms and course transfer sheets; process student registration for offcampus school sites.
- Enter student data into computer terminal; update name and address changes on transcripts and in student files; maintain non-resident student account records.
- Count and balance fees collected; prepare daily bank deposits.
- Assist students in obtaining records and copies of transcripts; mail copies of transcripts and verification's of enrollment as requested; place holds on student records when they have financial obligations to the campus.
- Assist in determining the eligibility of students involved in intercollegiate athletics; review and update conference eligibility rules and requirements with athletic directors and coaches.
- Maintain course attendance sheets; type and distribute memoranda to instructors requesting attendance sheets; update the attendance sheets as needed.
- Copy and file grade transcripts, correspondence, verifications, forms and documents; copy and file class roll sheets and attendance sheets.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties including typing and distributing routine correspondence and answering the office telephone; distribute incoming and outgoing mail; sort, count, list and label bulk mailings; assist in the maintenance of supplies and equipment.
- Perform GE certifications for California State Universities and University of California schools as requested.
- Train and provide work direction to part-time and student assistants as assigned.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
graduation from high school AND two years of general clerical experience.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Basic arithmetic.
- Apply policies and procedures pertaining to the District’s grading practices.
- Learn and apply the admissions policies and procedures of the District.
- Maintain accurate counts of fees collected.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from faculty, staff and students.
- Perform arithmetical calculations quickly and accurately.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Salary Grade: 32.5
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on November 28, 2016 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
Recruitment Status (tentative):
- Application Screening: TBD
- Interviews: TBD
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/8279. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency