Hudson County Community College is an award-winning, comprehensive urban college located just across the Hudson River from Manhattan in Jersey City and Union City, NJ. Fully accredited by Middle States Commission on Higher Education, the College offers courses and classes in a wide variety of disciplines to the people and businesses of Hudson County, one of the most historic and ethnically diverse areas of the United States. The College was recognized with the 2012 Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT) Northeast Regional Equity Award, was one of just five finalists in the U.S. for the American Association of Community Colleges’ (AACC) Student Success Award, and was presented with the New Jersey Business & Industry Association’s Good Neighbor Awards in 2009 for the Culinary Arts Conference Center and in 2012 for the North Hudson Campus Project, and in 2015 for the Library Building.
Implements student recruitment initiatives and coordinates various admissions activities in support of the strategic enrollment initiatives of the College.
1. In consort with the Director, Admissions, participates in the implementation of short-term and long-term strategic planning initiatives for the Admissions Department that support the College's mission statement and enrollment goals.
2. Follows up with inquiries and/or applicants via phone and email in a timely manner. Responds to information requests that are received in person, over the phone, through email, and online. Provides excellent student service and encourages interested and qualified students to move forward in the enrollment process.
3. Provides prospective students with relevant and compelling information about the College, its programs and specific areas of interest. Able to craft well-written student communications that provide detailed information about the College and contain calls to action. Utilizes social media to communicate with prospective students when appropriate.
4. Stays current on program offerings, the College's value proposition and student services in order to provide accurate information to students. Partners with Marketing to create materials that are impactful.
5. Guides applicants through the admissions and enrollment process, responding to questio1rs and acting as a liaison to other departments to provide a smooth transition. Ensures that applicants meet important enrollment milestones and registration requirements (i.e. placement testing) in order to register in a timely manner. Confirms follow up appointments with testing, financial aid or other departments as needed.
6. Effectively utilizes Student Information System (SIS) to document student follow up activities and to provide students with next steps in the enrollment process.
7. On a rotating basis, provides customer service to current and prospective students, parents, visitors, etc., at the Enrollment Services window. Obtains and provides various information, explains federal and state regulations and College policies and procedures, responds to general inquiries, and/or refers individuals to the appropriate contact or area of the College for prompt resolution.
8. Interviews, counsels, and admits day/evening applicants in accordance with established College policies and procedures, applicable federal guidelines, established Student and Academic Affairs policies and procedures, and the rules and regulations defined by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
9. Coordinates and actively participates in Open House events and College tours at various on-site and off-site campus locations.
10. Effectively collaborates with all staff members of the Enrollment Services Department and Student Affairs Division to work towards the achievement of common goals regarding the development, promotion, administration, enhancement, and growth of the all programs.
11. Continues to develop professional skills through independent research, networking, attending seminars and workshops, etc., to maintain awareness of current and changing trends in education and specific to recruiting and admissions. Remains knowledgeable of regulatory issues specific to student recruitment and admissions, general enrollment services, and administrative activities.
12. Represents the College to current and prospective students and external constituencies. Projects a positive self-image of professionalism, appearance, confidentiality, courtesy, conduct, honesty, fairness, and personal integrity at all times.
13. Performs other student recruitment services and activities, as required. Actively participates in special projects, as required. Remains flexible and adaptable in work schedules and work assignments as defined by College and departmental needs.
Education & Experience:
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a related field; admissions experience preferred.
Special Knowledge. Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of admissions standards and recruitment objectives and principals required with the ability to plan, organize, and implement related programs and activities. Effective verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal, and customer service skills required to effectively collaborate with prospective, new and existing students, Division Deans, faculty, advisors, counselors, and all levels of employees and management. Computer proficiency and knowledge of automated admissions and student information systems also required. An understanding of and commitment to the role of a comprehensive community college in an urban multi-cultural setting also required, with prior experience in working with non-traditional students from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds being essential. Bi-lingual ability preferred. Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
To Apply: Send letter of application, resume, salary requirements and names/contact information of three professional references.
Department of Human Resources
81 Sip Avenue, Mezzanine Level
Jersey City, NJ 07306
E-mail: [email protected]
Fax: (201) 714-2509
For additional information and employment opportunities at HCCC, please visit:
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
HCCC IS AN EEO/AA EMPLOYER