Rasmussen College is a regionally accredited private college that is dedicated to changing lives and the communities it serves through high-demand and flexible career-focused educational programs. Since 1900, the College has been committed to academic innovation and providing the highest standard of education while empowering students to pursue a college degree. Rasmussen College offers certificate and diploma programs through associate’s, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs online and across its 22 Midwest and Florida campuses. A pioneer and leader in online education, the College is helping lead advancements in innovations such as competency-based education and comprehensive student support services that help working adults advance their careers. The College is also committed to providing a positive impact on society through public service and a variety of community-based initiatives. For more information about Rasmussen College, please visit rasmussen.edu.
The Admissions Program Manager is the first line of support and guidance for students entering Rasmussen College, and therefore represents the best of Rasmussen College. This is an outstanding opportunity for career-minded and goal-oriented individuals to thrive in an entrepreneurial mission-driven and values-based organization. The Admission Program Manager has a direct and significant ability to impact and influence the lives of aspiring students, their families, and the communities in which they live. The Admissions Program Manager is a key member or Rasmussen’s student-centered support model that begins with attracting, enrolling and setting the stage for the success of our students.
The Admissions Program Manager will leverage his/her passion for learning and experience to motivate individuals to move from thinking about going to college to actually enrolling in one of Rasmussen’s industry-leading, innovative and accredited programs including: the School of Nursing, the School of Justice Studies, the School of Technology & Design, the School of Health Sciences, the School of Business and the School of Education. The Admissions Program Manager sets the stage for the retention of career-oriented students and sets them on a path of long-term success.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Act as first point of contact for prospective students considering enrolling at Rasmussen College
- Engage prospective students by telephone in discussion about their future with the goal of setting a campus visit (roughly 75% of time)
- Demonstrate sensitivity and ability to effectively relate to and work with prospective students from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Conduct campus visits with prospective students to assess needs, showcase the benefits of a Rasmussen College education, and facilitate enrollment into the college
- Mentor students from the application process through enrollment
- Demonstrate a high level of product/program knowledge thereby meeting specific student recruitment goals
- Manage and update computerized prospective student database, application paperwork, and follow-up documentation
- Prepare requested tracking forms accurately and on time
- Maintain accurate knowledge of the College’s programs, student services, and area colleges
- Create relationships that lead to growth opportunities through engaging local high schools, businesses and other members of the communities we serve
- Work effectively with co-workers as part of the student services team to ensure each student’s experience with the college is professional, service-focused, and productive
- Support and contribute to Rasmussen’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
The Admissions Program Manager is a full-time position accountable to a Director of Admissions or an Associate Director of Admissions (where applicable). The Director of Admissions reports to the Regional Admissions Vice President.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening and one Saturday/month hours
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred; Rasmussen will consider meaningful educational, work and/or military experience in exchange for degree requirements where appropriate
- Enthusiasm and passion for education, learning and empowering others to succeed
- At least two years of consultative sales or customer service guiding individuals from thinking to doing using superior interpersonal skills and ethical approach
- Experience working with clients/customers/students representing multiple stages of life and diverse backgrounds/experiences
- Proven ability to achieve goals, influence others, and meet deadlines
At Rasmussen, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed supporting and encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome our employee’s differences regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.