Posting Title : ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR - Department of Student Affairs
Requisition Number : 1813
City : Boston
State/Province : Massachusetts
Zip code : 02111
Job Description-Overview :
The Department of Student Affairs is responsible for ensuring that all Friedman School of Nutiriton Science and Policy students enjoy a rich, supportive experience while matriculated at Tufts University.Activities administered the this department in support of high quality student services include, but are not limited to:registration, student data management, admissions and recruitments, orientation, career services, social events, commencement, coordination with and of University resources, collaboration with advisors and program leaders, internship faciliatation and supportive counseling.
The Administrative Coordinator for the Office of Student Affairs provides a variety of support services for the Division of Student Affairs including support of the Associate Dean, Registrar, Admissions and Student Life.The position works in collaboration with a variety of offices to meet the goals and objectives of the department.The coordinator must have the ability to identify all customers and assess their needs, strive to accommodate and support students and faculty, and demonstrate commitment to equity, diversity and inclusiveness among faculty, staff and students.The coordinator must have the ability to manage multiple responsibilities through effective time management in a busy office setting and must take initiative in solving problems and ensuring deadlines are met. In addition, the coordinator must pay attention to details and take pride in quality of work, be a self-starter and have the ablity to prioritize work with little direction.
Assists with admissions support which includes:
- Communicates with current and prospective students.
- Assists in maintaining and updating confidential application files.
- Coordinates packet processing and filing.
- Assists with logistics and coordination of interviews, visits and direct inquiries.
- Responds and provide information by phone, email, and written correspondence.
- Assists with the coordination, scheduling and organizing of question and answer sessions, open houses and student visits.
Assists with logistics of Student Life activities:
- Assists with the planning and management of orientation and commencement.
- Assists with the collection and data management of internship paperwork.
- Assists with organizing meetings and event planning with student organizations and Friedman events.
General Information Systems:
- Updates computer database of prospective students and current students.
- Coordinates and checks information with Tufts University's mainframe.
- Updates and fields inquiries utilizing the Student Information System.
-Assists the Registrar with preparation of reports and problem solving.
-Works with Admissions to input new students into databases and reconcile student data.
-Coordinates the creation of the annual student directory.
-Maintains strict confidentiality and maintains assists in maintaining the integrity of student records and data.
Job Description - Requirements :
- * Associates degree
- * 3-5 years of relevant experience, preferably in a university setting
- * Proficient in Database Management, Excel, Word, and Student Information Systems
- * Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. with or without accommodation
* Bachelor's degree
- * 3 - 5 years administrative experience with advanced training and advanced computer skills, preferably in a university setting
- * Should possess solid analytical and problem solving skills and have excellent judgment
- * Outstanding communication and organizational skills
- * Ability to practice discretion in dealing with confidential matters
- * Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- * Should possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community
- * Should be enthusiastic and motivated while working with graduate students, faculty, and staff on multiple campuses and at affiliated institutions
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Some evening and weekend work hours during certain times of the academic year.
Please apply online at http://hr.tufts.edu/jobs
JOB REQUISITION #: 1813
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.