Administrative Assistant (Office of Instruction)
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 01921, 01920, 01881, 01726, 01711, 01500, 01872, 01871, 01823
Posting Date: 12/22/2016
Closing Date: 1/9/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Position Type: Classified
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $4,283.06 per month
Maximum Salary: $6,051.84 per month
Our competitive benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance and dependent life coverage; long-term disability insurance, and an employee assistance program (EAP). At this time, all premiums for the employee and their eligible dependents are fully paid for by the District.
In addition, employees have the option to purchase:
- Flex 125
- AFLAC Policy
- Supplemental voluntary life insurance
- 403b Tax Shelter Annuity
All coverages begin on the first day of the month following the hire date. Employees are covered under the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) and are vested 100% after five years of full time service.
College/Site: Cerro Coso College
Location: CC-Main Campus, Ridgecrest
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, provide administrative support and assistance to an assigned program; perform a wide variety of special projects; participate in budget preparation and administration.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support and assistance to an assigned program; evaluate office activities;
recommend improvements and modifications; assist in the implementation of goal and objectives; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
Answer telephone and screen callers; respond to inquiries and requests for information concerning regulations, procedures, systems and precedents; receive and route mail.
Participate in budget preparation and administration; prepare cost estimates for budget recommendations; submit justifications for budget items; monitor and control expenditures and budget accounts.
Respond to budget inquiries from staff; type and process requisitions and purchase orders; prepare budget summaries utilizing a computer and assigned software.
Maintain calendar of program or office activities, meetings and events; coordinate activities with other departments, offices, students, the public and outside agencies; process travel requests.
Organize and maintain complex and confidential filing systems; operate a variety of office equipment including a computer; input and retrieve data and text; organize and maintain disk storage and files.
Independently compose and edit correspondence related to assigned activities; maintain a variety of manuals, codes, handbooks and directories; prepare or direct the preparation of a variety of annual, quarterly or administrative reports.
Research, compile, analyze and summarize data for special projects, programs and comprehensive reports; develop and coordinate or perform the implementation of special projects and programs.
Coordinate and participate in a variety of meetings and conferences within assigned area; take and transcribe minutes; disseminate information; coordinate projects and implement procedural changes;
follow-up on action items.
Process personnel actions for new hires; participate in the recruitment of faculty; evaluate compliance with faculty services areas and verify equivalencies; monitor faculty load; coordinate and maintain job evaluation schedules for staff.
Maintain levels of office supplies; order supplies as necessary; receive, verify and distribute supply deliveries.
Perform related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: Associate degree and four years of increasingly responsible secretarial experience.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Principles and procedures of financial record-keeping, bookkeeping an audit procedures.
- Basic principles and practices of fiscal, statistical and administrative research and report preparation.
- Policies and objectives of assigned program activities.
- Budgeting practices regarding monitoring and control.
- Operating of computer equipment and specified software such as word processing and spreadsheets.
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Public relations techniques.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge of program rules, regulations, requirements and restrictions.
- Research, compile, analyze, interpret and prepare a variety of fiscal, statistical and administrative reports.
- Participate in budget preparation and administration.
- Compose correspondence and written materials independently.
- Answer telephones and greet the public courteously.
- Maintain files and records.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative effective working relationships with others.
- Operate a computer and specified software such as word processing and spreadsheets.
- Complete work with many interruptions.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Plan and organize work.
- Work confidentially with discretion.
Salary Grade: 44.5
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on Thursday, January 9, 2017 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/8497. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency