Polk State College is located in beautiful Central Florida between the metropolitan areas of Tampa and Orlando. It boasts a relaxed lifestyle with affordable housing. Polk County is noted to be one of most affordable place to live in the United States by the National Home Builders Association. With campuses in Lakeland and Winter Haven and centers in Lake Wales and Lakeland, Polk State College serves over 10,000 credit and 11,000 non-credit students. We seek diverse faculty and staff with a student-centered focus to support our service excellence mission and our world class vision. Employees at Polk State College enjoy excellent employee benefits, a unique workplace environment, and the opportunity to contribute to the services and traditions that make Polk State great. For additional information on the opportunity, please refer to the Job Description and Salary Schedule, located under “Employment Related Documents” on our “Careers” page.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
At Polk State, our amazing faculty and staff create an inspiring workplace. This Testing Services Specialist position reports to the Coordinator of Career Testing/Special Services and is an excellent opportunity within the College’s Student Services department. We offer a collaborative, creative and culturally diverse work environment. If you want to be supported in your efforts to grow professionally and to be recognized for your contributions, then come work for Polk State.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This position performs highly responsible, technical and professional work in a large testing and tutoring center. Requires substantial judgment in the development of activities, carrying out of services and solution of problems. Work is generally governed by broad instructions and objectives involving frequently changing conditions and problems.
- Supervise testing area services for Student Services Center’s standardized, make-up, distance and special needs testing.
- Administer and monitor testing for PSC courses, college placement, standardized tests, special needs, and distance learning.
- Collaborate with staff and faculty to facilitate communication regarding policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and schedule standardized testing
- Perform troubleshooting on computer equipment, submit request for computer maintenance and collaborate with college technical support for major repairs.
- Contact service representatives for technical difficulties with equipment.
This position is a level P10. Please review the Job Description and Polk State College Salary Schedule here to ensure our pay ranges are within your compensation expectations. Generally, for exempt positions starting salaries are between the minimum and the midpoint (benchmark). For Career (non-exempt positions), it is between a Step 0 and a Step 5 on the appropriate level.
- The ability to establish an effective rapport with faculty students and administration.
- Knowledge of standardized testing and testing center practices in higher education
- Good organizational skills, with special attention to details.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Experience with computer, word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Good human relations skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Uses good judgment, reviews policies and procedures and updates as necessary.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelors degree is required.
Two years of related work experience. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be substituted.
We offer an excellent employer-paid benefits package including the following: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long-Term Disability, Vacation, Holiday and Sick Leaves, Retirement (if eligible) and college fee waivers.
- Reference checks and Level II background checks (fingerprinting) will be required prior to employment.
- A completed online application consists of an electronic job application and a current resume. Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
- TRANSCRIPTS: For professional/salaried positions, submission of official transcripts will be required as a condition of employment following receipt of job offer. Foreign transcripts must include an official transcript evaluation which interprets equivalency to U.S. graduate credits.
- Eligible candidates who wish to claim Veterans' Preference for positions in qualifying categories must submit, at the time of application, the VETERANS' PREFERENCE Documentation Form and other required documentation, for consideration.
- Note : Relocation assistance is NOT provided for this position
- This position will close at 11:59 pm on Sunday, February 3, 2013.
Polk State College is an equal access/equal opportunity employer, committed to excellence through diversity in education and employment. Polk State College is a drug-free workplace and participates in E-Verify.
Submitting a resume online at an alternate job site could cause valuable screening information to be missed. A Polk State College eApplication is required in order to be considered for the position.
For additional information, please visit our web site at http://www.polk.edu or apply directly at: