The Research Foundation for SUNY
Senior Administrative Assistant - (OGCS)
Category: Office Support
Locations: Albany, NY
Type: Full-time Non-Exempt
About The Research Foundation for SUNY:
Founded in 1951, the RF exists to serve SUNY and to capitalize on the scope, scale and diversity of SUNY as an engine of New York state’s innovation economy. The RF supports nearly $1 billion in SUNY research activity annually, providing sponsored programs administration and commercialization support services to SUNY faculty performing research in life sciences and medicine; engineering and nanotechnology; physical sciences and energy; social sciences, and computer and information sciences. The Research Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that promoting a diverse, inclusive working environment enhances productivity, creates personal and professional opportunities, unleashes each individual's full potential and fuels innovation. The Research Foundation and its employees are committed to a culture of integrity and accountability, holding each other and the organization to the highest standards of ethical behavior. Visit http://www.rfsuny.org and connect with the RF on Facebook. Learn about the Power of SUNY at http://www.suny.edu.
FUNCTION & SCOPE:
Provides comprehensive and confidential support to the General Counsel and Secretary and other legal staff in the Office of General Counsel and Secretary (OGCS). Responsible to manage day-to-day functions of the OGCS, as well as organization, tracking, and monitoring of projects and cases including project timelines, litigation dockets, and deadlines and assist in strategic and functional planning and budgeting, Provides key assistance in preparing, reviewing, managing, and maintaining agreements, leases, case files, and other related legal documents; Coordinates calendar and meetings for OGCS, and supervises some support staff. Assists the Secretary with support of the RF Board of Directors.
Responsible to support and assist in the management of high priority, sensitive, and visible work performed by the OGCS, including:
• Organize and track campus and central office case files, leases, power of attorneys, information subpoenas, agreements, and other legal documents. Monitor and follow up on contracts, leases, and agreements, and litigation documentation, including establishing and organizing paper and digital files, tracking contract negotiations and litigation, monitoring and following-up with campus and central office contacts regarding renewals and terminations.
• Establish, update and maintain OGCS files and records and databases and ensure executed copies of final leases agreements and other documents are on file in the OGCS.
• Assist in designing processes for managing extensive and diverse projects and caseload; prepare and maintain reports of legal activity, requirements, and metrics of OGCS and independent contractors for attorneys, central office and campus contacts. Review reports with the attorneys as necessary pursuant to legal, regulatory, policy, or insurance requirements, e.g., review on at least a bi-monthly basis as required by RF’s insurer to serve as proof of tracking and establish processes to prevent lapses that would put the RF’s insurance coverage at risk.
• Assist with OGCS budget process, monitor expenditures and maintain accurate expenditures records, provide oversight and maintain the outside legal and corporate governance budgets.
• Manage procurements and expenditures, including preparing and documenting RFPs, sole source and single source justifications. Process and monitor professional memberships and legal publications and renewals, purchase orders, invoices, and legal and independent contractor bills.
• Assist in preparing job descriptions, orientations, and evaluations; complete and submit documentation for employees including interns.
• Monitor professional memberships and legal publications and renewals, maintain legal library documentation including posting updates to the various publications
• Coordinate daily activities of OGCS, recommend improvements for increasing the efficiencies.
Provide direct support to the General Counsel and attorneys and staff in the Office of General Counsel and Secretary, such as:
• Provide clerical and administrative assistance of a complex nature to the General Counsel and attorneys on a wide variety of confidential and sensitive legal matters relating to sponsored programs, collaborations and partnerships with industry, employee relations and labor relations, investigations and litigation.
• Coordinate day-to-day activities of the OGCS function, including communications with a variety of constituents and visitors, effectively answering, screening and transferring calls and taking messages; preparing presentations, reports, correspondence, pleadings and legal documents; designing, editing and standardizing communications; and typing, printing, photocopying, and assembling materials.
• Coordinate calendars and arrange appointments, meetings, conferences, and court hearings. Monitor and follow up on critical deadlines.
• Schedule and handle travel and meeting logistics; prepare agendas and conference rooms and materials for meetings, take minutes, keep records of proceedings, and follow up on action items; handle reimbursements and records of travel and other expenditures.
• Manage and process incoming correspondence, materials, and email including power of attorney requests and subpoenas, and the RFLegal, RFContracts and RFFaxes mailbox groups; screen and assess incoming materials and handle matters or organize and forward to appropriate staff.
• Assist in support for the RF Board of Directors at the direction of the Secretary and Assistant Secretary.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Associates degree and/or 5 years progressive experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Legal secretary or legal assistant experience preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and the ability to deal collaboratively and effectively with a variety of internal and external constituents within a highly complex and confidential environment.
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and Access).
• Ability to work independently under general direction, self-motivated, attentive to detail, fast learner, able to handle several projects in parallel.
• Time management skills and adherence to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Project management experience and excellent organizational skills.
• Confidentiality and good judgment; experience handling highly confidential and sensitive information.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply for this position go to our website
and hit "Apply Now."
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER The Research Foundation for the State University of New York is not an agency or instrumentality of the State of New York. Employees of the Research Foundation for the State University of New York are not state employees, do not participate in any state retirement system, and do not receive state fringe benefits. The Research Foundation for the State University of New York operates under a contract with The State University of New York and receives no directly appropriated state funding.
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency