Posting Title : DISPENSARY ASSISTANT - Clinical Affairs
Requisition Number : 1717
City : Boston
State/Province : Massachusetts
Zip code : 02111
Job Description-Overview :
Clinical Affairs supports clinical and educational efforts within the preclinical learning, student laboratory, and patient treatment areas of the dental school. Clinical Affairs staff provides courteous, professional and effective support services and are committed to providing patients, students, and faculty with information, guidance, and caring high quality service to contribute to a successful dental clinic experience. This includes maintaining a safe environment, assuring that patients' dental needs are addressed in a caring, confidential, timely, and thorough manner, that patients are informed about their treatment and clinic procedures, and that patient' finances are handled accurately and efficiently.
The Dispensary Assistant is responsible for assisting the Senior Dispensary Assistant with the everyday operations of the dispensary including:
- * Organizing and stocking inventory
- * issuing and receiving instruments
- * Prepares instruments and materials for clinics, workshops, and licensure exams
- * maintain security of dental equipment and instrument cassettes by following barcode policies and procedures
- * Maintain a clean well organized work area, and other duties as needed to contribute to the team effort of Clinical Affairs
- * Reviews expiration dates on all materials
- * Inform senior dispensary assistant of any problems with equipment
- * Responsible for providing excellent customer service for students, faculty and staff
Job Description - Requirements :
Basic Requirements: High School diploma or equivalent with 1-2 years related experience and basic Outlook computer skills and Strong Customer Service Skills required and the ability to lift 25lbs with or without accommodation
Preferred Qualifications: Ability to work in a busy environment, must be a team player who works well with others and has a strong work ethic
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Monday through Thursday 11:30am – 7:30pm, Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm. Ability to work occasional overtime as needed.
Please apply online at http://hr.tufts.edu/jobs
JOB REQUISITION #:1717
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.