The Associate Director of Recruitment Technologies and Communication will act as the conduit between Undergraduate Admissions and Enrollment Information Services operations team and the recruiting/marketing team to recruit and yield new students to the university. The Associate Director of Recruitment Technologies and Communication will also: lead customer relationship management (CRM) implementation and utilization for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions as a way to enhance recruitment efforts through the leveraging of the CRM tool; Create and manage the CRM model for managing the interactions with prospective students, their parents and the staff of Undergraduate Admissions, as well as other university stakeholders; assist in development, creation and implementation of messaging strategies to prospective students; manage data imports and exports to and from the CRM and PeopleSoft to ensure both systems remain accurate; create, edit and maintain reports for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions; train admissions counselors in the use of the CRM and keep them abreast of campaigns and new features; in collaboration with Director, oversee student search campaigns; participate in the development of recruitment materials and serve as liaison to Marketing staff within the division of Enrollment Management and Creative Services and other strategic partners to produce professional designed and well-targeted recruitment materials; provide continuous configuration of the CRM to adjust the system to meet current recruitment strategies adopted by Undergraduate Admissions; serve as the liaison between the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and the CRM provider, as well as the UMass President’s Office and other UMass campuses, for troubleshooting technical issues, coordinating upgrades and recommending enhancements to the CRM; analyze communication campaigns to see if they are successful in bringing prospective students and their families to campus, generating applications and ultimately enrollments; set-up and produce reports to monitor such campaigns; assist the Marketing and Communication Specialist with website updating/editing; and other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, Information Technology or a closely related field and a minimum of three-five years of programming experience or experience with database or student information systems (SIS) is required. Knowledge of Talisma (or similar CRM) and/or PeopleSoft is preferred. Experience working in higher education, as well as knowledge of the admissions and college recruitment process is preferred. Experience extracting data from reporting systems and creating reports to provide analysis of current initiatives, as well as historical comparisons preferred. Previous experience flowcharting and organizing projects or e-campaigns is preferred. Database management and data analysis skills desirable. Some knowledge of SQL or database querying experience is desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Visio;
- Knowledge and understanding of the terminology involved in admissions recruitment/yield campaign management;
- Knowledge of writing HTML for web and mailer templates;
- Ability to serve as the technical lead on projects/initiatives;
- Ability to work consistently with highly detailed assignments without specific instructions;
- Ability to work independently on tasks and projects with strict deadlines;
- Ability to understand workflows and process documentation of how roles are performed;
- Ability to understand complex applications from an users perspective;
- Ability to effectively and efficiently work in a team capacity with a broad range of staff to accomplish departmental and program goals;
- Ability to understand, explain and apply the policies and procedures of the department within an professional office setting;
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time;
- Ability to prepare written reports, correspondence and recommendations;
- Demonstrated organizational ability and strong attention to detail;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the capacity to work cooperatively with a wide range of individuals;
- Strong problem-solving and logical thinking skills;
- Strong commitment to customer service.
UMass Boston provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Among the procedures which may be used to select personnel to fill vacant positions are review of work experience, reference checks, and interviews. All appointments and promotions will be effective on a Sunday.
Please apply online (http://umb.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?CNTRNO=13&TSTMP=1390929752042&JOBID=46046) with your resume, cover letter and list of three professional references.
- Professional. Union. Benefited.
- Full time. Grade 32.
- Normal Hiring Range: $50,545-$55,600.
- Trust funded.
- Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Closing date for applications: February 17, 2014